Code and Theory is looking for a Senior Creative Strategist to join our Product team. At Code and Theory, Creative Strategy collaborates very closely with our design and technology departments to ensure creative solutions we produce address a client’s business, brand, and user goals. Even more important than developing the appropriate creative solutions for our clients is doing so in a way that is implementable given organizational, technology, and timeline constraints. Creative Strategists are ultimately responsible for bringing new ideas to life: by guiding creative concepts from inception through to detailed design, development, and final implementation, and for articulating a clear path of action to communicate our plan for making creative ideas a reality.
The Senior Creative Strategist is often the overall creative leader on a project, driving UX, design, and technology leads to produce the best work for a given client engagement. This role has deep knowledge and expertise in all elements of the product development process and is capable of both executing deliverables and overseeing the execution of deliverables by more junior strategists. Proactive and described as a self-starter, this role is able to quickly understand what activities and deliverables are required to steer a client engagement to success and effectively lead a team to produce against that project vision. As a Senior Creative Strategist, you’ll report to the Director of Creative Strategy.
- Accountability for overall success or failure of creative strategy on a given client engagement: this role is the lead on every project they staff
- Lead UX, design, and technology teams to define strategy for a given client engagement and present findings to senior client stakeholders
- Structure and lead creative brainstorms in order to ensure adherence to overall strategy; drive key decisions and communicate results to broader project team
- Collaborate with technology team to ensure adherence of final digital product to original creative concept; lead internal creative iterations as necessary
- Conduct targeted research into brand, competitive, or business whitespace through review of secondary and primary sources
- Work with UX team to develop primary research plans, conduct research, and analyze results
- Lead development of materials required to support business development opportunities as required, including both written and creative deliverables
- Contribute to overall quality of strategy department by shaping project activities and deliverable formats, and by presenting work at department meetings
- 4+ years experience in a Product Management or 6+ years experience in a Digital Strategy role
- Proven track record of leading successful digital product development engagements in the past
- Deep expertise with key activities and with producing key deliverables associated with the product development process a must
- Ability to execute client-facing deliverables entirely without oversight from fellow strategists, and to present those to senior executives independently
- Ability to interface with senior business executives and drive strategic decisions around key project milestones a must
- Experience managing direct reports not required but strongly encouraged
- Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
CODE AND THEORY BENEFITS
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There’s the usual – 401k, excellent health and dental coverage, life insurance and long-term disability. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jars, and exceptional coffee on constant brew, field trips, game nights, and team outings. There is also our agency ping-pong and softball teams, which may or may not have won their respective league championships sometime in the past 3 years.