Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manilla, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as National Geographic, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Los Angeles Times, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, Chandon, and BURGER KING®, to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
Our Associate Creative Strategy Director is responsible for bringing new ideas to life: by guiding creative concepts from inception through to detailed design, development, and final implementation, and for articulating a clear path of action to communicate our plan for making creative ideas a reality. The Associate Creative Strategy Director collaborates very closely with our clients to drive Business, Brand, and User requirements gathering, through a series of interviews, workshops, research, or any other relevant activities. Internally, this role works with our design and technology departments to ensure creative solutions we produce address a client’s business, brand, and user goals.
This role has deep knowledge and expertise in all elements of the product development process and is capable of both executing deliverables and overseeing the execution of deliverables by more junior strategists. Proactive and described as a self-starter, this role is able to quickly understand what activities and deliverables are required to steer a client engagement to success and effectively lead a team to produce against that project vision. As a Associate Director of Creative Strategy, you’ll report to the Director of Creative Strategy based in New York.Typically Associate Creative Strategy Director at Code and Theory are involved in the following activities:
- Gathering business, brand, and user needs requirements, by driving stakeholders and core client team workshops.
- Conducting targeted research into brand, competitive, or business whitespace through reviewing of secondary and primary sources.
- Leading UX and design work to support and collaborate in the strategy for a given client engagement and present findings to senior client stakeholders
- Structuring and leading creative brainstorms in order to ensure adherence to overall strategy; driving key decisions and communicate results to broader project team
- Working with UX team to develop primary research plans, conduct research, and analyze results
- Contributing to overall quality of strategy department by shaping project activities and deliverable formats, and by presenting work at department meetings
- 4+ years experience in a Product Management or 5+ years experience in a Digital Strategy role
- Proven track record of leading successful digital product development engagements in the past
- Ability to interface with senior business executives and drive strategic decisions around key project milestones a must
- Deep expertise with key activities and with producing key deliverables associated with the product development process a must
- Ability to execute client-facing deliverables and to present those to senior executives independently
- Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
Code and Theory Benefits
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have recently rolled out new Voluntary Benefits including Accident Insurance and Short Term disability that you can choose to elect upon hire. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jar and exceptional la Colombe coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.