Senior Designers at Code and Theory wake up just to make gorgeous, ground-breaking work. They are innovative creative thinkers that can translate creative concepts into smart, memorable, and lovely interactive designs
The best candidates get deep in their projects from definition to launch. They excel at establishing creative concepts with the project team. They are adept at ensuring deadlines are met and can handle themselves in a client presentation. A Senior Designer has impeccable attention to detail, and always delivers the highest quality work on time.
Senior Designers are accustomed to daily collaboration across disciplines, from user experience to strategy to client services. They maintain high standards for original concepts and detailed execution and have the experience to foster the talents of junior designers in order to expand their personal skills and design perspective.
- Strong conceptual thinking in both visual and interaction design
- Create surprising and interesting interactive design concepts that hold up to the development process
- Establish design solutions that meet or exceed strategic objectives and start projects off from a strong position
- Work closely with creative leadership
- Design mood boards, storyboards, interactive page layouts, site grids and interface demos, as well as retouch and enhance photography
- Provide quality assurance on creative deliverables
- Collaborate with strategists, interaction designers, and others to create the most compelling and successful products possible
- Create and adhere to style guides
- Be a team player and a positive addition to our company culture
- Balance design principles with client business objectives
- Mentor and coach team members through project development and performance management
- Build and maintain team rapport with creative staff, account managers, and project managers
- 4+ years design and interactive work experience, including at least 1+ years in an agency environment
- Fast and efficient contributor to project design and development
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a passion for design and skill in visual communication
- A strong background in creative problem solving, strategic brainstorming, and creative execution
- A deep knowledge of how to create intuitive interactions, user interfaces, and responsive design systems.
- Ability to think and respond quickly, maintaining attention to detail on multiple projects simultaneously
- Motivated and decisive. Dedicated and accountable.
- Excellent organizational skills; an ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
- Comprehensive understanding of interactivity and the Web and the fundamentals of information architecture, hierarchy, and layout
- Experience designing a variety of digital platforms, interactive experiences, and/or mobile applications
- Experience with multi-touch and gesture based experiences, mobile and tablet experiences, and connected, multi-channel experiences
- Well-versed in interactive technologies, best practices, and emerging trends in digital products
- Love of collaboration across disciplines with team members at all levels
- Experience working collaboratively with all levels of designers and copywriters
- Well-developed communication skills including ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale for client and team
- Expert mastery of knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and familiarity After Effects (or another animation platform in order to quickly animate designs)
CODE AND THEORY BENEFITSIn addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health and dental coverage, life insurance and long-term disability. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jars and exceptional coffee on constant brew, field trips, game nights and team outings. There is also our agency ping- pong and softball teams, which may or may not have won their respective league championships sometime in the past 3 years.