Code and Theory is looking for a Creative Strategist to join our Product team. At Code and Theory, Creative Strategy collaborates very closely with our design and technology departments to ensure creative solutions we produce address a client’s business, brand, and user goals. Even more important than developing the appropriate creative solutions for our clients is doing so in a way that is implementable given organizational, technology, and timeline constraints. Creative Strategists are ultimately responsible for bringing new ideas to life: by guiding creative concepts from inception through to detailed design, development, and final implementation, and for articulating a clear path of action to communicate our plan for making creative ideas a reality.
The Creative Strategist is capable of working with UX, design, and technology project leads to define and implement the creative strategy for a given client engagement. This role has experience with all elements of the product development process and is capable of executing on a wide range of deliverables with minimal oversight from fellow strategists. Confident and articulate in communication style, this role is client-facing and will be called upon to present work to clients as appropriate. As a Creative Strategist, you’ll report to the Director of Creative Strategy.
- Worked as an active member of a UX/Interaction Design team in order to define strategy for a given client engagement and lead client presentation of findings
- Strong ability to create high fidelity and quality visual element to support and illustrate the product strategy
- Own overall implementation of strategy from requirements gathering through UX and design, as well as final presentation of final creative solutions
- Structure and lead creative brainstorms in order to ensure adherence to overall strategy; drive key decisions and communicate results to broader project team
- Collaborate with technology team to ensure adherence of final digital product to original creative concept; lead internal creative iterations as necessary
- Conduct targeted research into brand, competitive, or business whitespace through review of secondary and primary sources
- Work with UX team to develop primary research plans, conduct research, and analyze results
- Support Director of Creative Strategy in creation of key client deliverables
- Assist with business development opportunities as required
- 2+ years experience in a Product Management, 4+ years experience in a Digital Strategy role, or 6+ years experience in a Digital Agency environment with proven strategic record
- Proven track record of involvement in successful digital product development engagements in the past where personal involvement was key
- Experience with key activities and with producing key deliverables associated with the product development process a must
- Ability to execute client-facing deliverables relatively independently, with minimal oversight from fellow strategists.
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and deliver insights to senior business executives
- Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
- Flexible skill set and personality are absolutely imperative; this role is unpredictable and must be able to contribute across a wide range of activities
CODE AND THEORY BENEFITS
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There’s the usual – 401k, excellent health and dental coverage, life insurance and long-term disability. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jars, and exceptional coffee on constant brew, field trips, game nights, and team outings. There is also our agency ping-pong and softball teams, which may or may not have won their respective league championships sometime in the past 3 years.