The Art Director is responsible for the development, and direction of creative deliverables for the projects they are assigned to. Consulting with the Design Director, the Art Director will ensure that the design team and other production specialists (Flash animators, audio designers, etc) are successful in: developing concepts, implementing design strategies, and producing interactive and brand design solutions. He or she will balance creative thinking, interpersonal skills, and client expectations to successfully translate concepts into functional design deliverables. Acting as team lead, create, as well as direct, junior and senior designers in the development of strategic design deliverables that elevate, differentiate, and function on-brand and on-strategy.
- Create and present effective design solutions
- Follow a design brief and brand identity standards
- Excellent layout and typography skills
- Preferable design degree or diploma
- Proven commercial experience in an interactive design role
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects, and video optimization
- HTML/CSS, XML, Class-based Flash ActionScript and any other relevant technology skills
Code and Theory Benefits
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health and dental coverage, life insurance and long-term disability. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jar, Crunch and Equinox Gym partnerships, discounted AMC movie tickets, field trips, game nights, team outings.